Well, my kitten just threw me for a loop.
I was rubbing the plump, fluffy, black tummy of my 3-month-old kitten when I noticed that he has teats! My SIL had his gender identified by a vet, and he's beginning to get what look like boy parts, so this was something of a shock. I checked out my clearly male dog Nicky--no teats. But Keats has 6. Hmmm...off we went to search the answer on the Internet.
His parts matched the pictures of boy kitties. But one site gave us the answer: boy cats do indeed have teats, just like boy humans. They just never become anything but pink bumps. Mystery solved! No need to change the poor guy's name to something feminine--a very good thing because he actually comes when you call, and usually obeys when you say "Keats, no." I think living with a dog is making him think like a dog, instead of being incorrigibly feline and above obeying stupid humans. ;-)
Time to go calligraphy the place cards for turkey day. We will have a full house with 7 guests.
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment