What on earth has happened to my poor child's hands?
I think it is a bad case of the naughties. This is what happens when visiting Grandma takes Claire's room and Claire gets to go camping.
So here goes Claire, zipped into her Winnie the Pooh tent for a nap in the office. Does she sleep? Oh, eventually. But first she must explore.
What's this in mommy's desk drawer? Mmmm, chewy little plastic capsules. Oops, those go to mommy's calligraphy pen and happen to be filled with ink.
So some time later, when mommy wakes up her small girl to come for supper, she finds a child who looks like this:
Said child cries when she's sternly asked "What on earth have you gotten into?" She cries harder when I see that her face and legs are also variegated blue, green, red, and call daddy to bring the camera quick.
"Claire! You've been very naughty!" says Joel sternly, supressing a giggle. "What should we do about this?" he asks me.
"I don't think a time out would really do." I tell him. "It seems to me she's been punished enough."
I'm sure she'll think so. Despite today's long bath and thorough scrubbing, she'll have to suffer through the several days of splotchy, colorful skin before the ink completely fades.
No comments:
Post a Comment