I can't keep the secret any longer.
I'm going to be a mom!!!
Today I'm 12 weeks pregnant, the point at which miscarriage risk drops dramatically. God really has a sense of humor because my due date is in mid-August! I'm already getting a lot of ribbing about the misfortune of being enormous during the hottest months of the year. Frankly, after 18 months of trying to start a family, we are thrilled to become parents at all.
What's even more ironic is that we conceived between my first and second visits to the fertility specialist. At the second visit, he diagnosed me with an incurable endocrine disorder and said I needed drugs. Little did he know, God had other plans. No drugs were necessary. I joked with him about this at a January appointment when we had the first ultrasound. He said, "maybe you just needed a deadline." Is being an editor that ingrained in me??
No comments:
Post a Comment