I'm not dead yet...I'm feeling much better. I think I'll go for a walk. I feel happeeee...
No I don't have the excuse of plague by association, as the poor bloke quoted above (Monty Python and the Holy Grail) for my absence from blogland. I've simply been swamped at work and not much in the mood to use a computer when I get home.
Why so swamped? I'm currently doing a job and a half while my boss is overseas for the next six to 10 weeks.
My boss and his wife left on May 26 for Moscow to adopt a little boy. They didn't have a definite court date when they left. They were getting so sick of being put off by the adoption agency (they were supposed to go in February to adopt their son), that they decided to go in person to help speed things along. A big bonus is extra time to bond with their son. The latest news from him is that their court date will likely be within the next two to three weeks, and they can return to the U.S. two weeks after that.
In the meantime, I will be putting together the July/August issue of the ACP-ASIM Observer by myself. Oh, and also move to a new part of our building while we're under deadline to lay out and edit pages of the issue. Isn't this just what every woman dreams of doing while seven months pregnant?
Back at home, my future guest room looks like a movie set of the Warsaw ghetto and my in-laws, who had agreed to help with childcare, are thinking of moving an hour away from us.
This would be about the time that the Hornes would all come down with scarlet fever, just to make a stressful situation more fun yet. ;-) Fortunately (providentially!), I'm feeling pretty good...just some sciatic pain in one hip. Joel is fit and trim and the pets are great. So, with God's help I will keep on muddling through.
No comments:
Post a Comment