6.27.2002

Since Joel has been brave enough to answer all these personal questions, I thought I'd be supportive and make myself vulnerable too.

Birthplace: Williamsport, PA (home of the Little League World Series).

Age: 33 (almost 34).

Birthday: Late September

Hair Color: Light brown, with blonde highlights.

How long/thick is your hair: Chin-length and layered.

Eye Color: Blue-green.

Height: 5'6".

Weight: I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. ;-) Let's say it will take some hard work to get a figure again after I give birth in August.

Personality: On the Myers-Briggs I'm a INFJ (Joel is actually an ENTJ, he misremembered when he filled this out).

Do you drink? I have rarely met a tea I didn't like. In my non-gestating-baby days, I occasionally had wine and girly drinks in which the alcohol flavor is subdued

Have you had your appendix or tonsils out? Nope. I did have to have general anesthesia to get my badly impacted wisdom teeth out at age 13.

Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Not since I was a baby.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Nope.

'Dream' dream car: Silver Jaguar convertible

Favorite place to visit: London (been there several times and still have so much to see)

Favorite soft drink: Root beer.

Adidas, Nike, or Reebok: No brand loyalty. I've not yet found a brand in which every shoe in the line is consistently a good fit. I have high arches and short toes, so I have to try 10-12 pairs to find something that's comfortable.

Favorite Blog: Lady Dusk, always lots of fun links

Favorite subject in school: Social studies and choir in high school, poetry writing and "fiction to cinema" in college.

Least favorite subject in school: Phys Ed.

Favorite movie: Amadeus. (Seen this 16 times)

Favorite book: I loved all of Susan Howatch's Starbridge books except the ones about Aysgarth, who is a scoundrel.

Favorite alcohol: Woodchuck Dark and Dry hard cider; Tom Collins.

Favorite sport to watch: Equestrian show jumping; snowboard half-pipe

Favorite sport to play: Swimming and hiking. I dislike games that involve airborne balls, as I usually get hit in the head every time. Pool and croquet are fun, though.

Anything different about you: I was a girl percussionist in high school. In college I sang in a rock band, did theatre and created a poetry group called the Janitor Poets (we all had custodial work-study jobs). I also know how to make balloon animals.

Tattoos/Piercings: Standard 1 hole in each earlobe.

Quotes: "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." --Mae West

Favorite ice cream: Chocolate marshmallow, Vanilla Heath bar crunch

Favorite color: Burgundy.

What's your bedtime: Usually around 10:30-11:00

Favorite TV Show: The shows I like invariably get cancelled. Used to really love "Stark Raving Mad," about a book editor.

Words or phrases that you overuse: "Really." "Actually"

Something that can be improved upon: Worrying less

What you want to be: An encouragement to others

The one place you would like to see: Austria

Famous person you have met: Chaim Potok, Alice Walker, Ed Rendell, Lawrence Welk

Favorite animal: horses

Are you too shy to ask someone out: No, but I've only asked people who didn't intimidate me

Have you ever thought you were going to die: Yes, frequently. I have an overactive imagination.

Do you believe you have a soul mate: I used to. I also used to believe in the Tooth Fairy.

Have you ever felt you were in love: Yes.

Do you pray: Yes, but in a catch-as-catch-can kind of way. I aspire to give it more concentrated attention.

Do you attend church: Yes.

Single or attached: Married and carrying his baby, so attached.

What are the first things that you do in the morning to start your day? Listen to local news radio for weather report. Use potty. Dress. Fix hair. Apply makeup. Eat breakfast with Joel while listening to NPR. Kiss Joel and pets goodbye. Walk to train station.

What are the last things that you do at night before going to bed? Wash up. Sit and read a devotional or listen to Joel read to me while cross-stitching.

What daily routine have you recently added to your day? Lower back stretches and Kegel exercises.

What routine do you wish you could get rid of? Two - three potty runs a night. Get this baby off my bladder!

What's the one thing that makes you feel like something is missing if you don't do it some point within your day? Time to myself to just think

No comments: