8.12.2004

Hanging

Well, I've survived over a week without my husband and with my mother. You can probably imagine why Joel is the one of us who's blogging all the time, seeing that I have to keep up with Claire, run our home and somehow be entertaining and willing to sightsee with mom.

We three generations have kept a pretty full calendar, with trips to the zoo and feeding the ducks in Fairmount park, getting to some of my regular stuff like Bible studies, visting with other family and holding a Pampered Chef party.

At the party tonight, I was reminded yet again of what a pain in the neck the dog is when we have company. Nicky barks and howls and barks and howls when people arrive, so much so that no one can carry on a conversation. Gating him in another room seems to make him howl and bark more. Put him outside and he just annoys everyone in the neighborhood. I think my only option when we hold a birthday party for Claire next week is to put him in his crate in our detatched garage before any guests arrive. I think he'll be less likely to be so barky if he can neither see nor hear the guests.

I'd love to hear any other humane suggestions for curbing the noisyness of a half-husky when company comes.

No comments: