Date night
Thanks to my in-laws, who provide top-notch free babysitting, Joel and I get to have a date tonight. Sadly we don't make use of this option nearly as often as we should. In the past few months, we've realized how couple time isn't a luxury but a necessity. Especially going through the emotional wringer of infertility yet again, we've needed to give extra diligence to caring for our marriage.
I'm excited about tonight's free concert at our church featuring some superb cellists and a young vocalist who is destined to go far in the opera world. The program is titled "Three Cellists + Five More!" (pdf) and will include Villas-Lobos' work for eight cellos and soprano. Our choir director has been raving about the concert for weeks now. How nice it will be to get spiffed up and have some quality grown up time.
But for now, it's time to bundle up my daughter in the scarf I just finished knitting for her and play in the fresh-fallen snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment