Bad Mommy
Nothing makes a parent feel worse than knowing you've caused harm to your child.
Poor Claire had a terrible rash all over her torso on Saturday that I didn't discover until fairly late in the day. I rushed to my Practical Pediatrician book to try to figure out what was wrong. Joel said, "looks like hives to me."
Hives. Ugh. Not another allergy to figure out! This summer she proved to be allergic to raw tomatoes. Could this be a food allergy? Hmm, those give you hives all over. Her rash was only on the chest and back and stopped at the diaper line.
Epiphany: evil new undershirt! Gerber onsies come nice and stiff from the pack thanks to some sort of starch or sizing. Claire's allergic to that.
Fortunately, her rash cleared up by this morning with a bath, benadryl and hydrocortisone cream. I was somewhat heditant to put her in Sunday School yesterday, mostly because of my fears about what her teachers might think of my parenting. What good mother gives her children rashes? Well, my pride be darned, she loves her class, so off she went with a note from Bad Mommy that she's not contagious, just sensitive skinned.
Now I know to prewash anything new that's stiff. Doh!
No comments:
Post a Comment