Gulp
I've been sick for nearly a week now with some sort of infection that seems especially to be attacking my throat and tonsills. After poring over our home medical guides, I'm pretty sure it's not strep throat because of the lack of tell-tale white patches in the throat. It's likely a virus that I'll simply have to ride out.
I've had strep only once in my life, back in 1986 (nearly 20 years ago, double gulp!). How foolish I used to be about illness back then. I remember putting in full days at school, going to my part-time job and even participating in the county band festival with hellfire burning in my throat.
I wonder how many customers and musicians I infected in my stupidity. Granted, going to county band was a HUGE deal for a mallet percussionist, as there were only two spots and like 10 school districts to draw from. At the time, it seemed completely worthwhile to run myself into the ground.
How we suffer for our art.
No comments:
Post a Comment