Update
Thanks for your prayers and well wishes. My father was very close to death on Sunday. He has a type of stapf pneumonia and sepsis. On Monday morning, Claire and I flew down to Florida where I now write this on a wretched dial-up connection (I want my DSL! Waah!). My brother Steve was a huge help on the flight and Claire behaved exceptionally well, even without a morning nap. She has been a real trooper and brings a lot of joy to my family who've gathered down here.
As of today, my dad is still very seriously ill but improving, and the sepsis seems to be clearing up. The doctor who gave him 10% chance of survival on Sunday was actually very optimistic today. The pneumonia continues to be a worry. My dad will likely be in the ICU for several weeks recovering from the looks of things. We hope that tomorrow he'll be awake some after sleeping/being unconscious the past 48 hours, because two of my siblings have flights home in the afternoon. I and Steve are here until Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment