You turn your back for one minute....
(not for the squeamish)
This evening, I was helping gather up dinner items to carry out to the dining room, when I hear Joel let out a big "Aieee!" from the next room.
I ran to see what the matter was, and Joel walked into the kitchen carrying a tiny, maimed mouse.
"Claire was holding this, cuddling it close to her face!" Joel said. "Yuck! I mean, it's cute and all, but gross!" He carried it out the back door and plopped it in the garden. We then washed Claire's hands and face with antibacterial soap.
This mouse was really small, probably about an inch and a half body with a long tail. It must be a litter mate of the mouse Keats was tormenting last week. I doubt that little critter survived so many days after the mauling Keats gave it.
Note to self: Stop procrastinating. Buy traps.
No comments:
Post a Comment