8.17.2003

Par-tay
Saturday we had a little shindig to celebrate Claire's first birthday, which is this week. I really had fun preparing. The theme was "indoor picninc." The "indoor" part was wise because a thunderstorm hit during the middle of the party.

The menu included wonderful picnic food: barbecue chicken, homemade potato and macaroni salads, fruit salad, three kinds of chips, cake and homemade ice cream. We decorated with checked tablecloths and napkins, lots of baskets, streamers and balloons. I set up a teddy bear picinic tableau on the mantle, which I thought the kid guests and grandmothers would enjoy. Here's a pic:



Claire wore an uber-cute embroidered party dress and had a great time playing with the pint-sized guests.



New toys and old ended up strewn from one end of the house to the other. It was really hard to turn off what I now realize is a compulsive tidying streak. I think the compulsive tidying is why I have such a hard time cooking. I feel like I have to wash every item I dirty right then and there.

No comments: