8.26.2003

Why I love my job
It is really, really cool to have the time flexibility of a SAHM. I was able to spend the morning today at my injured friend's house helping out with some housekeeping and a meal. I never would have been able to do that while I was working. Even my weekends were busy with errands and chores.

I also played with my starting-to-walk kid for hours, reading stories and singing songs. Her new word for the week is "cracker." I would have missed her first steps and new words if I were working.

And tonight I made two batches of peach jam. Mmm mmm. I love keeping up all these great domestic skills my mom taught me as a kid that no one I know does any more. I know people who knit, make their own bread and grow fresh vegetables, but I don't know anyone else who still cans. And it's quite easy--especially jam.

No comments: